Every home owner tries to be careful about who they let into their home. You want the person you hire to be clean, courteous, knowledgeable...someone you can trust to have your best interests at heart. That’s why quality technicians are so important for home services companies. Fortunately, there are ways to ensure you are the right service.
- Treating Employees Right - Reputable plumbing, heating an air conditioning businesses are able to attract and retain top talent by providing real benefits – the same benefits you expect from top companies in other industries. Finding out if the company you are calling offers their workers health plans, 401K and/or training incentives. Businesses that do not could experience high turnover rates – often leading to lower levels of training and experience in employees.
- Safety First – The right service company will think of their customer’s safety first. Make sure the business you are hiring runs background checks on their technicians.
- Licensing & Insurance – Most states have specific licensing and insurance requirements for home service professionals. Check with your local building department or consumer protection agency to find out about licensing requirements in your area. Make sure the company you are hiring has a license and insurance policy that is up-to-date.
- Warranties – Plumbers and Technicians should be able to provide guarantees for their work, including the parts. Ask what warranties and assurances are provided by the business you are planning to hire.
- Written Estimates – Reputable companies are confident in the service and knowledge they provide. As such, they will be able to provide reliable quotes and estimates in writing.
Employee compensation, customer safety, warranties and licensing are just a few of the indicators of a trustworthy home services company. However, passing these first checks is a good indication that the business you are hiring will do their best to hire and retain quality technicians to provide their customers with top-notch service.
For all of your plumbing needs and emergencies, Benjamin Franklin Plumbing is here to help!